Business Life Insurance
The success of any business can be attributed to the hard work and effort put in by its employees. All businesses depend on certain key people to function such as the business owners, executives and any highly skilled employees. These key employees are responsible for generating revenue, managing the daily operations of the business, and strategically planning the direction of the company.
The sudden death, unexpected illness or disablement of any of these key employees can have a significant financial impact on the business. These events are impossible to predict, so it’s extremely important that your business is protected for any eventuality.
At Certus Life, we take the time to understand the specific circumstances of your business and find the most appropriate cover for you. We are able to offer cover in the following areas:
- Key Person Insurance: Protection against the financial consequences associated with unexpected events affecting key personnel of a business. Providing funds to pay expenses and debts or replace lost revenue to keep a business financially stable.
- Buy/Sell Insurance: Providing funds for the remaining partners of a business to purchase a share from a departing co-owner, in the event of death, permanent disability or trauma. This allows remaining owners to quickly acquire the departing owner’s share and continue operations with minimal disruption.
We can also offer the following additional services to assist our valued customers:
- Insurance Reviews & Structural Advice: We can look at your existing insurance policies across your business and personal insurances and ensure that you are adequately protected for your current circumstancs.
- Shareholders & Buy/Sell Agreements: We can offer advice on setting up a buy/Sell agreement, such as identifying who can buy a departing partner or shareholder’s share of the business, the events that may trigger a buyout, and the price that may be paid for a partner or shareholder’s shares.
- Shareholder & Buy/Sell Agreement Reviews: We are able to offer all clients a Free Review Service with no obligation. We will look at your Shareholder & Buy/Sell Agreements and offer our professional advice.